Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 27, 2010 Day 27











Today was my second day off and it was really good. I decided that I would start winding things down instead of getting too caught up in all of the parties and celebrations in Whistler. It is absolute craziness bordering on chaos everywhere, especially in Vancouver but also in Whistler. At the medals plaza, they present all of the medals and then they have rock concerts where thousands of people pack into the square in Whistler. A lot of people tonight are going to see Usher but I decided to stay in tonight.

I got up early today, went for a jog around Nita lake and then headed into Squamish to visit and old friend, Seth Adler and his family. I have a few pictures of Seth, Haven, Beau and Nicole. I have never seen him happier... It is really wierd to see him fully domesticated with teletubbies or whatever kids music he has on in his car.
I have to say that the bus system has been great. It has been so easy to get around everywhere and I have not had a problem at all getting around Whistler.
The buzz everywhere is the Gold medal hockey game between Canada and the U.S. tomorrow. The terrible part is I will be stuck working doing drug testing while the game is on.
Well, it is down to the last day of the Olympics tomorrow where I will post my final blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment