Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22, 2010 Day 22




Virtue and Moir!


Well today was a day of ups and downs again. We were at WOP and this was our busiest day of testing of the entire Olympics. 32 tests all in 1 day for Ski Jumping and cross country. We were all happy with our work and we did it in a very professional and efficient manner. However, we heard that the German delegation had went to the media and complained about the Anti-doping program and how they were being treated. What bothered us the most was their claims were false and the media had put their spin and took the Germans compliants out of context. What was nice was at the end of today, we were told that the German delegation had made a formal and public apology to the anti-doping team about their remarks and that they were taken out of context. This incident also made me realize how much influence the media can have on things whether they are true or not. I saw first hand how they absolutley swarm the Olympic medalists with cameras and questions. It is quite intrusive and aggressive the way the media works.

Well, after our shift, we all decided to go out and celebrate and we met the Liechenstein Bobsleigh team at a local restaurant / pub called Rolands. They were telling us that the entire team consists of 7 members and we met and had dinner with 4 of them. They were really nice guys and before we left, they wanted a picture with Heather and Carolyn so the bobsleigh team hoisted them on their shoulders. It was pretty funny. The Olympics has been so good because you are able to meet so many different and interesting people.

Finally, to top off the day, I got a call from my mom who told me that my grandma in Japan passed away last night. She was 85 yrs old and lived a healthy and long life. Things like this really puts life into perspective...

I have my second day off in 27 this Friday. I hope to maybe visit Seth in Squamish or try and make it down into Vancouver if I can.

I have posted a picture of Illya. I hope I spelled his name right. He is a DCO that lives and works in Australia. Great guy and alot of fun.

3 comments:

  1. yo dude whats up my peep from tanner [^-^] thats moris its supposed to be a face.Im in Mr. Wilsons class. How is the olympics? Have you got Crosby's autograph?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Tanner when are you coming back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanner,
    I am back on March 1. No, I don't have Sidney Crosby's autograph because for one, I am not allowed to ask for it and two, Canada Hockey place is in Vancouver and I am up in Whistler. Sorry. The Olympics are great!

    ReplyDelete