Friday, February 26, 2010

February 26, 2010 Day 26

I hope the Grade 5 Lakeview classes are done reading my blog...
Today was my second day off and I stayed in for the first time in a month to just rest, do some work and catch up on my e-mails. It was raining all day so I didn't feel like going out in the rain. Leanne Vicen who is the station manager at Alpine skiing, (creekside) had said I could come by to help out and see some skiing but I decided against it because of the weather and I could catch up on some sleep. So, I basicaly rested up for the parties tonight and I just got home from them. It started with watching the hockey game against Slovakia. The atmosphere was so fun. The lounge downstairs at our hotel was packed with people and all of the DCO's from England, Norway and Australia didn't understand why we were all so excited and cheering so loudly for a hockey game. Everyone hung on every shot and save by Luongo and were chanting Looooo evertime he made a save. After the game there were parties all over because everyone was in the celebrating mood because alot of people were leaving the next day. I am going to Squamish tomorrow and I will be working Sunday at cross country for the Mens 50 km race.
Sorry so short today with no pictures... More tomorrow as I get ready for my last few days here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim:
    Yes we finished reading on Thursday as yesterday, Friday, was a professional development day. See our comment on February 24's post. Thanks for the great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom. It has been great and I have appreciated all of the comments from Lakeview. Tell them that I am sick of chocolate chip and raisin oatmeal cookies as well. We have them everyday along with all the drinks!
    Looking forward to being home on Monday night.

    ReplyDelete