Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February 17, 2010 Day 17

























































































































Today was a really great day. I was at WOP for the Mens and Ladies Cross country sprint events which is an all out 1.5 km sprint on skis. This is the 100m dash of cross country skiing. it was so good to be around and work with Olympic medalists. They truely are unique and special individuals. It was our busiest day of testing.
Well, on my way home, the bus we take to get back to Whistler creekside stops in Whistler village and then we catch a connector bus back to my hotel. Well, I was walking by the Whistler medals plaza and saw some other ADP (Anti-doping personnel) so I stopped to talk to them and visit with them at the medals plaza. It was just before the start of the medal ceremonies that night and I had the opportunity to see the ceremonies. I was actually trapped up against the fence by a large Slovenian group to see their bronze medalist and couldn't move after a while. There was music and all of the people were so excited. it was very moving and thrilling to see Maelle Ricker receive her gold medal and the crowd was singing the Canadian National Anthem. There was a huge American crowd out to see Lindsey Vonn get her gold medal as well.
I have included a whole bunch of pictures of the medals plaza. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment