Monday, February 15, 2010

February 15, 2010 Day 15







Today was the Cross Country Skiing 10km Free Final for Men and Women at WOP. It was our busiest day with all of the medalist being tested along with random testing as well. It is an absolute zoo down it the mixed zone where the media is. They are like the paparazzi and will run over anyone to get their picture.



Cross country skiing is a very popular sport for all of the European countries so there were so many people at WOP watching. When we arrived in the morning, there was a girl on one of those lifeguard stands you see at the beach with a megaphone shouting out instructions to herd all of the people in the right direction. I wanted to try and get a pciture that would try and capture how many people were there, watching and cheering the skiers on. The fans were going crazy!



Sorry but I don't have much time today because I am at the Athletes village at 6:00 am and I just got back from WOP tonight at 8:00 pm. I seem to have caught a bit of a cold as well from working so much I think. I am much happier when I am busy and I feel fortunate to be so busy because there are quite a few that have nothing to do...



The athletes village seems to be the slowest venue for testing but i got a call this afternoon asking if i could work at Biathalon instead on the 21st. It will be busy as well!



Looking forward to seeing more Canadian medals!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment